Bread is a cutting-edge technology company that transforms the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies, and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products throughout the customers’ shopping journey. Bread was founded in 2014 by financial technology veterans and has experienced explosive growth to date. Recently acquired by Alliance Data Systems, Bread provides candidates the highly unique experience of being part of a rapidly growing fintech with the DNA and culture of a startup, while also having the considerable resources of a highly scaled, leading financial institution. This powerful combination will enable Bread to accelerate its growth to become an even greater force in the marketplace as well as provide candidates a completely unique experience.
In the Solutions and Integrations Engineer role, your responsibilities will ensure the successful acquisition of new prospective Bread merchants by guiding them through a best-in-class payment solution. This role involves taking initiative throughout the entire E2E journey from pre-sales support to technical post-sale integration. Solution and Integration Engineers are the forefront E2E experts in the bread business and pride themselves on their deep understanding of the Bread business and their assigned problem space.
Your role at Bread*
- Be an expert on Bread’s platform capabilities, APIs, and the integration pathways with Bread as well as on top Technology Platforms (Commerce, CRM, & ERP)
- Lead Pre-sales discussions with prospective Merchants, selling them on the technical aspects of Bread’s payment solution
- Work with Enterprise Merchants to map Bread’s payment solution to their business process, ensuring a best in class customer journey and capability set
- Document the needs of the merchant into a solution design and lead the realization effort alongside Success & Integrations
- Approve the technical specification of integrations built by Merchants with the understanding of how they interact with the Bread platform
- Aide clients in effective implementation of Bread both in terms of technical support and project management.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of pre-sales engineering, software engineering, professional services engineer product management, developer advocacy or related experience
- 2+ years of experience within the retail vertical, payments platforms, or commerce eco-systems
- Experience working with customers and/or partners in a customer-facing solution development role
- Highly skilled at socializing business opportunity at all levels of the organization through both written presentation and compelling storytelling
- Strong understanding of API’s, and ability to read and internalize technical documentation
- Experience building integrations and with code-level debugging with large customers
- Be comfortable talking about technical concepts and explaining how they work, both from a product feature and API architecture perspective
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems, and step into leadership when and where required
- Solid verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management and time management skills, and ability to quickly pivot across projects
- In addition to being technical, you have the ability to connect with people. Folks tell you you’re a good listener, and you make everyone in the conversation feel included
- You love working on both program and relationship management, and you’ve been told you excel at each
*Do you prefer to lean more towards pre-sales than post-sales or vice versa? Still apply! Our goal is to find the best fit that wins for both you and Bread.