Solutions Architect at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
Technology at OnDeck is a mix of building world-class user experiences for our partners and direct customers, data processing to enable underwriting model development and real-time lending decisions, automating operational and compliance workflows, and generating precise money movements and calculations to service our customers. We have an emphasis on scalability, reliability and accuracy. Architecture plays a very crucial role to develop processes that consistently define implementation strategies, evaluate technical risk, shape long term technical direction. While pursuing these goals, it’s also critical to maintain a collaborative approach with the rest of the development organization (EA’s customers) to avoid architecture in isolation.
As an Architect at OnDeck, you will:
- Evaluate designs, collaborate with development, product and business teams and sign-off for product feature designs
- Design technical solution options for the OnDeck Platform and Partner integrations.
- Develop a reference architecture and steer development organization towards it
- Assess existing and new technical risks associated with the OnDeck Platform
- Develop standards and best practices and identify areas of improvement.
Here at OnDeck we rely heavily on our Architects to:
- Care deeply about making a business impact
- Focus on scalability, security and flexibility of solutions
- Innovate and promote learning
- Help engineers to thrive
Qualifications for success:
- Problem solving and analytical skills, ability to synthesize complex requirements and provide practical solutions.
- Understand the platform quickly, gain insights and be able to ask the right questions.
- Strong Distributed software system design fundamentals.
- Comfort with an Agile development environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to Financial Services domain.
- Experience with the java development stack and open source frameworks / tools (Spring, Hibernate, Maven, etc…).
- Experience with cloud based computing and design/implementation of full stack applications.
- Migration experience shifting from on premise infrastructure to cloud.