At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
About the team:
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- You’ll be designing and building an improved architecture for significant parts of our stack to ensure its effectiveness for years to come.
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Mastery of Kotlin + Android frameworks
- Initiate the development of RESTful APIs that are specifically optimized for mobile clients.
- Confidently communicate technical issues with all necessary stakeholders and teams.
- Lead and/or work with others in debugging of the Android mobile application.
- Have extensive experience designing and implementing systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Have experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, GraphQL, etc)
- Have experience with relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- In-depth experience with multithreaded and networked applications
- Have strong organizational ability and can break up projects into manageable pieces and complete them in a timely manner
- Pay great attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses.
- Continue to advance your skills in using modern mobile development technology in a collaborative setting.
Vimeo is the world's leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world's largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We're headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.