At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Join Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Centers' fast paced and growing Hybrid Cloud Team as we build a new platform that serves as one of the core foundations for MSKCC's Digital Transformation Program. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to own contributions to our growing platform that is built on top of AZURE cloud provider. We seek to provide an ecosystem that empowers our organization's development community and supports our various vendor solutions. We are looking for passionate experienced engineer with relevant skills to help us transform our on-premises infrastructure into modern scalable architectures by taking advantage of cloud technology.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in designing, developing & engineering scalable cloud solutions for large enterprise environments.
- Capable of understanding complex infrastructure and project requirements to develop robust solutions.
- A thoughtful decision-maker providing timely multifaceted solutions.
- An adept learner familiar working in a fast-paced environment and continuously improves in what they do.
- Able to develop automation to improve efficiencies and eliminate manual processes.
- A technical leader and enthusiastic mentor for other team members.
- Lead peers and team members on cloud architecture and design patterns, mentoring them on the advantages and risks of proposed approaches.
- Design, engineer and deliver advanced hybrid cloud platform and infrastructure features at a regular cadence on which other cloud development teams will construct cloud applications.
- Drive an automation-first approach when implementing our hybrid cloud services and frameworks using infrastructure-as-code technologies such as Azure ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality cloud solutions, emphasizing security and instrumentation while optimizing for development velocity and extensibility.
- Contribute to and promote standards and good practices for design, engineering changes, cost optimization and configuration management across clouds.
- Continuously improve the cloud platform by applying knowledge of the latest cloud technologies and industry trends, and through collaboration with team members, external vendors, and internal MSK teams.
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness of hybrid cloud operations, ensuring cloud-based infrastructure support issues are called out and resolved in a timely, transparent and consistent manner.
- Deep technical knowledge of cloud offerings in Azure in areas related to networking, security, DevOps, operations, monitoring, alerting, storage, databases and compute.
- 5+ years' experience designing and engineering Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in providing technical leadership and mentoring for small teams.
- Experience working in large Azure environments, spanning multiple accounts/subscriptions, availability zones, and regions.
- Proven track record of successfully handling customer relationships and ability to deal with change and excel in high-stress situations.
- Experience in architecting highly available, scalable and reliable solutions on Azure cloud infrastructure, including serverless designs using managed cloud services.
- Developed CI/CD pipelines for release cycle management using tools such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, Travis CI, etc.
- Experience working with Git, as well as Git-related tools such as GitHub or Azure DevOps.
- Experience working with at least one scripting language such as Python, PowerShell or bash.
- Experience integrating Azure cloud with third party software, other SaaS services and/or on-premises applications.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in Agile environments; familiarity with the SAFe Agile framework is a plus.
- Worked with project management tools, such as Rally.
- Expert or professional level Azure certifications is a plus.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.