Sr. Creative Developer at Frame.io
See all jobs
Are you passionate about UI? Do you pay strict attention to every detail of your code while having a big-picture view of how that translates to our product? If you said yes (and yes), you’d be amazing in this role.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just writing code - it's about making an impact, crafting unique experiences, building products that inspire creativity. We expect our engineers to care about how our products are built, how they look, how they feel, and how they function.
We're looking for an experienced Creative Developer to join our growing engineering team. You'll be working on features that directly and quickly affect the revenue of the company. If you've ever wanted to write code that makes a difference to the trajectory of a start-up, this role is perfect for you.
Our tech stack is pretty great too – you'll get to work in an autonomous, cross-functional product team utilizing cutting edge technology like React, Elixir, Swift, Docker, and AWS Lambda.
As a note, your final level/title will be determined throughout the interview process.
- A love of great products and product design – if the code you ship needs to be maintainable AND delightful for customers to use, we want to speak to you.
- Past experience of planning, executing, and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment. Note the use of a lowercase 'a' in 'agile' – we're pragmatic, and it would be pretty awesome if you are too.
- 3+ years of experience working across the full-stack. You don't need to have mastered any one side, but understanding a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise is important.
- 2+ years of experience writing client side web code utilizing React, Ember, Vue or similar. (We use React, Redux and Styled Components for our web app).
- Experience building server-side applications utilizing NodeJS, Ruby, Python or similar and you're familiar with one of the popular web frameworks in those languages (Express, Rails, Flask).
- You might have dabbled in some functional code, but if you haven't that's ok as well.
- Experience working closely with analytics products like Looker, Amplitude is a nice to have, but not necessary.
- Working across our flagship web product, helping to write features that drive activation, engagement, and retention. Basically, you'll be writing software that sells itself.
- Collaborating closely with a product manager to plan, execute, and ship projects critical to the success of the business. Once it ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, and iterate towards a successful outcome.
- Experimenting. Owning the A/B testing process, associated metrics for success and helping shape the experiments that will drive the business forward.
- Providing technical leadership to a team of cross functional engineers and be accountable for the technical decision making for your team.
- Receiving close guidance and mentorship from our engineering managers and leads, as well as code reviews from your peers.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- 1 paid company-wide holiday for each month in the calendar year
- All-company week-long winter and summer breaks
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.