Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want a relationship builder who is passionate about helping developers succeed
We are seeking a data-driven individual to represent DigitalOcean in the developer ecosystem and create partnerships with institutions, organizations, and individuals that cater to developer audiences. You understand developers and the circles they roam and can identify and engage with relevant partners for DigitalOcean. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage DigitalOcean’s standing in the community to uncover marketing opportunities that will expose more developers, both established and emerging, to DigitalOcean’s products and services. You’ll work closely with internal teams to execute partner agreements and build the required systems to support partnerships and track their performance. With strong partnerships already in place, you’ll have a solid foundation on which to shape the next phase of DigitalOcean’s ecosystem program.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Engaging with institutions, organizations, and individuals to uncover partnership and co-marketing opportunities: Develop an outreach strategy, leveraging multiple digital and (eventually) in-person channels. Execute strategy to build and manage ecosystem partnership pipeline.
- Fielding inbound partnership requests from various channels: Evaluate inbound partnership requests as they’re presented to various teams across the organization, including Sales, Customer Support, Community, and through social channels.
- Establishing partnership arrangements and the systems and product requirements to accommodate them: Create a menu of partnership arrangements to enable discovery conversations. Establish relationships and systems with internal teams to execute agreements and launch programs, from legal, to billing, to product, to creative.
- Managing and optimizing existing developer ecosystem and educational partnerships: Establish relationships with our existing ecosystem partners and work together to optimize performance of the partnership. Align on roadmaps to uncover new opportunities with existing partners.
- Supporting co-marketing activities from channel partners: Liaise between marketing and channel teams to launch co-marketing campaigns that drive self-service revenue and sales pipeline for DigitalOcean and its partners. Deploy Market Development Funds as they become available.
- Enabling your program with data and systems: Track the impact to revenue from various partners, and create a feedback loop with internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner relationship management and enablement: Establish a partner onboarding and partner lifecycle program, ensuring partners have a successful launch and remain engaged throughout their time with DigitalOcean.
- Strong understanding and involvement in the developer community: Strong knowledge of where developers go to find solutions to their problems, tools they use, and groups they belong to
- Developer empathy: Ability to relate to the challenges of developers and speak to their needs
- Domain experience: Understanding of developer frameworks and languages, specifically as it applies to DevOps and cloud infrastructure. Experience as a developer or developer advocate is a strong plus.
- Analytical acumen: Experience using reporting tools (Looker a plus) to gather insights, and strong presentation skills to translate insights into narratives.
- Strong project management experience: Ability to follow internal processes and move multiple partnerships through the pipeline simultaneously
- Track record of building internal processes: Understanding of internal requirements to facilitate a variety of partnership arrangements. Ability to “sell your vision” of the ecosystem program.
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to enable shipping programs (in this case, partnerships).
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!