Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
At Ro, you will build technology to help people become healthier versions of themselves, give medical control back to our members, and power our increasingly complex operations.
As a frontend engineer on our Product Growth team, you’ll build complex products and systems to provide seamless and delightful experiences for our members. You’ll do much more than just write code - you’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process, from ideation through delivery and iteration. Your work will be seen by and directly impact all of Ro’s members and will be integral to Ro’s success. You’ll work closely with product, design, and engineering teams to create impactful software at a quick pace while developing technical best practices for the entire org.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with people throughout the company to understand the goals, needs, and priorities of systems and applications
- Design and build efficient, scalable and well-tested frontend applications
- Mentor engineers to help them grow
- Draw from previous engineering at-scale experience to influence and steer improvements within our distributed Engineering organization based in New York City
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ years experience leading frontend projects and working closely with product and design to build high quality and delightful user experiences
- Proven experience building and deploying single-page applications at scale
- A solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code in a modern programming language
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and the ability to talk to other parts of the organization
- Startup experience
- Familiar with HIPAA
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
Read Full Job Description