Sr. Frontend Engineer at Frame.io
See all jobs
Are you passionate about UI? Do you pay strict attention to every detail of your code while having a big-picture view of how that translates to our product? If you said yes (and yes), you’d be amazing in this role.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just writing code - it's crafting products that inspire creativity and allow our users to do great work. We care deeply about how our products are built, how they look, how they feel, and how they function.
We're looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join our growing engineering team and help build our flagship web app. Together with your cross-functional product squad, you'll own a significant area of our product and ship revolutionary new features to our platform.
We’ve designed our tech stack to provide the best possible developer experience so you can focus on solving the right challenges; we obsess over performance, scalability, privacy, and security. On the frontend, you’ll be using React, Next.js, Apollo Client, Typescript, GraphQL Codegen, Jest, Storybook, Styled Components, and Framer Motion.
Success in this role is shipping, maintaining and iterating on a best-in-class web app that enables our customers to do their best work.
- A love of product design, fluid interfaces, and using exceptional products
- Experience building pixel-perfect, robust, performant and accessible user interfaces on the web
- Experience implementing complex UI with CSS, animation, orchestration and responsiveness
- Experience working with sophisticated application state, e.g. Apollo Client, Redux, MobX or similar
- A dedication to learning and sharing ideas with your fellow engineers
- Mastery of breaking down, discussing, and communicating abstract technical concepts
- GraphQL experience is a plus
- Build our flagship web product by creating fluid interfaces that perform at massive scale
- Shape, prototype, demo and ship new features with members on your squad from design, product, user insights, QA, backend as well as other frontend engineers
- Receive and offer technical feedback through pair programming and code reviews
- Promote engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Participate in our On Call and Triage rotation to keep our service running smoothly for our customers
- Receive close guidance and mentorship from our engineering managers and leads
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly Work from Home Stipend
- 1 paid company-wide holiday for each month in the calendar year
- All-company week-long winter and summer breaks
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We based our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you're the best person for the job.