Sr. Full-Stack Engineer Platform/Cloud
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
A senior full-stack engineer in the cloud infrastructure team is responsible for co-building the interface and frameworks on which all of grubhub’s services are built and operate. This team is at the core of implementing distributed, scalable system foundations and designing for 5 9’s uptime and horizontal scalability.The individual will work on the frontend/frameworks all our services and their testing are built on as well as the services that comprise our platform on which services operate. This in includes our netty based traffic router and load balancer that sits between clients and all services handling millions of requests every day. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems and operational UI’s that are conducive to evolution.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help build the UI/frameworks to support multi datacenter, performant and highly available services.
- Use and help drive the building, requirements, and usage of a continuous delivery environment interfaces and pipelines
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- Strong knowledge of Java (5+ years), or similar language
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing usable interfaces for tool management or monitoring
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for UIs/services (karma, jasmine, junit/testng, protractor, etc.)
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.