Sr. Full-Stack Engineer Platform/Cloud at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
A senior full-stack engineer in the cloud infrastructure team is responsible for co-building the interface and frameworks on which all of grubhub’s services are built and operate. This team is at the core of implementing distributed, scalable system foundations and designing for 5 9’s uptime and horizontal scalability. You will work on the frontend/frameworks all our services and their testing are built on as well as the services that comprise our platform on which services operate. This in includes our netty based traffic router and load balancer that sits between clients and all services handling millions of requests every day. You should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems and operational UI’s that are conducive to evolution.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help build the UI/frameworks to support multi datacenter, performant and highly available services.
- Use and help drive the building, requirements, and usage of a continuous delivery environment interfaces and pipelines
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience working with Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language.
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing usable interfaces for tool management or monitoring
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for UIs/services (karma, jasmine, junit/testng, protractor, etc.)
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.