Sr iOS Engineer - Delivery at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our awesome delivery league and help us take our mobile experience to the next level. Our iOS team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology. Already, they have built a 100% Swift application that enables hundreds of thousands of gig economy workers to earn a living, everyday! Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that is changing the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome iOS applications while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub and Seamless brands
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we’ll need your help to do that
You Should Have
* 5+ years of experience developing in Objective-C, Swift, and related iOS Technologies along with experience in REST and foundation networking APIs
* Ability to design and architect complex UI hierarchies
* Understanding of MVVM, asynchronous/multi-threading patterns, cocoa design patterns, and other object oriented patterns/concepts
* Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code
* Experience building reusable frameworks in Swift
* Experience with collaborative version control (we use git)
* Experience with XML, JSON or other markup languages
* Experience with location mapping frameworks
* A creative and agile team-player with a passion for product quality and attention to the little things.
* College degree in Computer Science or a related field of study/equivalent experience
Got These? Even Better:
- Knowledge of HealthKit frameworks
- e-Commerce experience.
- Experience building software for automotive dash units
- Attends or organizes local iOS Meetups
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.