Sr iOS Engineer - Frontend Platform at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our awesome delivery league and help us take our mobile experience to the next level. Our iOS team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology. Already, they have built a 100% Swift application that enables hundreds of thousands of gig economy workers to earn a living, everyday! Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that is changing the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Impact You Will Make
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. Our team’s mission is to improve the process of building software; we’ll need your help to do that
- Design, implement, and test shared libraries for iOS applications while understanding our products from both technical and business perspectives
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions that are easy to use and understand
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years of experience building iOS apps in Swift using Foundation, UIKit, and the Swift standard library
- Demonstrated skills in writing clear, correct, and performant code
- A strong understanding of the iOS app lifecycle, Cocoa design patterns, and Apple’s recommended practices for building and structuring apps from the model layer all the way up to the UI
- A strong working knowledge of writing concurrent software that consumes web services
- A passion for automated testing, with real-world experience building software with high test coverage using dependency injection
- The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in written form
- College degree in Computer Science or a related field of study/equivalent experience
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience building highly modular, multi-target iOS apps
- Experience building and maintaining reusable libraries in Swift
- Experience with frontend observability (logs, tracing, and metrics) and SLOs
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines for iOS apps
- Experience building software for other Apple platforms (tvOS, watchOS, macOS)
- Fluency with a scripting language (shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
And Of Course, Perks!
Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.