Sr. Linux Application Developer
Catchpoint is looking for a Cross Platform Developer to join our monitoring agent development team. Our agent software executes automated transactions over various protocols and various browsers to collect performance metrics which are sent to and analyzed by our backend analytics platform.
The agent team operates as an R&D department which researches various protocols, browsers, clients, and Operating Systems with the goal to automate, monitor, and measure metrics that map browser or client activities to the end user experience. This role will deal with continuing to expand our capabilities in the Linux world.
The team is a true cross-platform team, developing software in Windows, Linux, macOS, and others, so you should be willing to dig deep into things that you haven’t seen before.
- 7+ years of Post-Academic development experience
- Comfort with Object Oriented application development (Java/C#/C++, etc).
- 2+ years experience developing applications for a Unix-like operating system preferably: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
- Experience with administering and debugging Linux
- Exposure to Operating Systems / kernel development
- Windows application development using Visual Studio .NET
- Cross-platform software technologies such as Mono and .NET Core.
- Knowledge of Internet/Web related protocols
- Client/server application development
- Object Oriented architecture and design (UML)
- Detail oriented with great organization skills
- Willingness to learn and utilize new technologies
- Willingness to dig deeper to understand infrastructure/code/business logic
- Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work with little or no direction
- Mentorship & leadership of other team members
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related major
Catchpoint is a digital performance analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help our clients consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Catchpoint offers wide-ranging and easy-to-use tools that allow businesses to discover and fix problems before they impact end users. More than 350 customers in over 30 countries, including major brands such as Comcast, LinkedIn, Overstock, TripAdvisor, Wayfair, and Priceline, trust Catchpoint solutions to strengthen their brands and grow their businesses.