Sr Manager, DevSecOps & QA at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you want to play a key role in redefining the future of cancer care?
Join MSK's Software Engineering team as we meet the challenge of fighting cancer in the modern era. We will define a new model of care using software. You will join be part of a system team that will support one of the developers in delivering continuous value. You will help Developers and QA Engineers setup their CI/CD pipeline and will automate the build, test and deploy their code to production.
You are a:
- A communicator: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with stakeholders and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic, exciting, entrepreneurial working environment. You are as good - maybe better - at listening as you are at talking and writing.
- A problem-solver: You're a results-oriented multi-tasker who runs toward a challenge. You're able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently. You are personally committed to completing a project with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through. You see to it that all assignments are completed correctly and uphold department and company standards.
- A leader: As a member of the technical management team, you are respected, and your counsel is sought by developers and nontechnical partners. You advise senior management and help socialize business and technical strategic decisions to the front-line engineers. You are an evangelist for coding best practices, style and good documentation. You are an effective manager of people and embrace all responsibilities - pleasant and otherwise - associated with performance management and ensuring your team has what it needs to succeed.
- Accountable: You are the greatest critic of what you deliver. You are proud of your work, and you stand by it. You are humbled but not defeated by failure and accept it as a critical part of learning. You are honest and never blame or project frustrations onto others.
What you'll do:
- Train, motivate and grow team members who create CI/CD pipelines and testing automation for various different applications.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Manage a team of software/QA engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation, in this role you may code up to 20% of your time.
- Collaborate in an agile team with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Enterprise Architects, Software Engineering Teams and Users.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience of teams with at least 5 direct reports
- Deeply technical. You understand application architecture and can design implement and support highly available systems.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based systems. You can debug, troubleshoot and manage Linux based systems.
- Strong knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift or similar container technologies.
- Strong knowledge of configuration management and automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Azure DevOps)
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud Architecture (AWS or Azure) is a must.
- Anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale systems.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.