Sr Process Improvement Engineer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you have the ability to influence, engage, and encourage stakeholders to build strong teams and drive customer focus?
The Operational Excellence Department (OpEx) partners with leaders across MSK to identify projects and initiatives that consistently deliver the ideal end-to-end, experience to every patient and family through a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement. Our reach spans across clinical and hospital operations from the newly designed Koch Center to Telemedicine, Supply Chain, Hospital Operations and more!
As a Senior Process Improvement Engineer you will own planning, implementation, and evaluation of operational process improvement and design.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as a change agent providing leaders, teams, and departments with the most current process improvement, design methods, and tools to drive impact.
- Support performance improvement activities that align with the strategic direction of current operations, anticipated needs, and innovative approaches to the care delivery model.
- Work collaboratively with Operations and multiple workstreams to ensure the highest quality of patient services, cost-effective resource allocation, efficient and responsive flow of patients, information and materials, facilitating lean and high reliable processes.
- Facilitate management, collection and analysis of process data to find opportunities for improvement; messaging trends in the data to leadership; and coaching of staff.
- Identify, design and implement solutions using sound engineering principles
- Collaborate and partner with an incredible team of engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver results
Who you are:
- Ability to build networks, persuade, manage complexity and communicate effectively
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with at least 3 years of experience in Healthcare Operations; Supply Chain a plus!
- Lean/Six Sigma training and certification
- Strong data analytics experience, process mapping, & visualization
NYC - Grand Central area
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview and/or complete a tech assessment (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
Look forward to connecting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.