Sr. Salesforce Developer at 2U
About the Team
The Salesforce Engineering team is responsible for code-driven automation and UX in 2U’s multiple Salesforce Orgs as well as collaborating on API integrations with product teams. Our Salesforce customizations and integrations have all been developed internally by a consistent team since 2U’s founding in 2008. 2U is growing rapidly and the team is focused on optimizing scalability and usability of our Salesforce systems.
About the Role
We are looking for developers experienced with and committed to the Salesforce platform who enjoy working in a collaborative environment of like-minded makers. You’ll be collaborating directly with integration developers, product managers and business analysts to build productized Salesforce applications that allow easy distribution and iteration. Your ideas and efforts for innovation are encouraged so we can get the most out of Salesforce with each new release.
You have experience in:
- Salesforce administration, development and API integration
- Creating and maintaining Apex and Visualforce applications
- Salesforce REST, Metadata, Streaming and Bulk APIs
- Deployment tools for version control and continuous integration
- Database administration, data migration and ETL integration
- XML, JSON manipulation and parsing
Over time, we expect you to grow by learning and practicing the following skills:
- Advocating for improvements to frameworks and SDLC
- Developing Salesforce Lightning Components for improved UX
- Planning and estimating development tasks and short-term projects
- Participating in application level technical design
- Participating in technical interviews
Our Salesforce Integrations use all of the following technologies, your familiarity with or capability to learn them is highly valued.
- Database Administration:
- SQL, SOQL, T-SQL, GraphQL
- MySQL, MongoDB/MongoEngine
- Aurora, Redshift, Kinesis, CloudWatch
- Event-driven architecture:
- Segment, StreamSets, Kafka, Amazon Lambda
- Change Management
- Git, Copado, CircleCI
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.