Sr. Software Engineer - Back End
Catchpoint is looking for a Cross Platform Developer to join our monitoring agent development team. Our agent software executes automated transactions over various protocols and various browsers to collect performance metrics which are sent to and analyzed by our backend analytics platform.
The agent team operates as an R&D department which researches various protocols, browsers, clients, and Operating Systems with the goal to automate, monitor, and measure metrics that map browser or client activities to the end user experience.
The team is a true cross-platform team, developing software in Windows, Linux, macOS, and others, so you should be willing to dig deep into things that you haven’t seen before.
- 7+ years of industry development experience
- Object Oriented application development (Java/C#/C++, etc) – we use mostly .NET
- Familiarity with using/administering/developing software for multiple Operating Systems.
- Exposure to Operating Systems / kernel development
- Windows application development using Visual Studio .NET
- Cross-platform software technologies such as Mono and .NET Core.
- Knowledge of Internet/Web related protocols
- Client/server application development
- Object Oriented architecture and design (UML)
- Detail oriented with great organization skills
- Willingness to learn and utilize new technologies
- Willingness to dig deeper to understand infrastructure/code/business logic
- Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work with little or no direction
- Mentorship & leadership of other team members
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related major
Catchpoint is revolutionizing end-user experience monitoring to help companies deliver amazing digital experiences. Our platform provides complete visibility into your users’ experiences from anywhere – and real-time intelligence into your applications and services to detect and fix issues faster. We are proud to partner with digital innovators like Google, L'Oréal, Verizon, Oracle, LinkedIn, Honeywell, Priceline, and Qualtrics, who trust Catchpoint to improve their brand experience and drive their business success.