Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud Backend at Butterfly Network, Inc.
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $800 million. The Butterfly iQ has received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.Job Description
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to build our critical Enterprise Connectivity systems. The Butterfly Cloud provides a secure and robust connection to private clinical networks. This connectivity enables medical professionals to use both the Butterfly iQ and their existing ultrasound systems with Butterfly Enterprise, an industry leading SaaS platform enabling clinician-to-clinician collaboration, education, and review for ultrasound-centric patient care. Join us in solving challenging, mission critical problems that will make our technology accessible to 40 million physicians and billions of people worldwide.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Solve distributed systems problems, designing for elasticity, reliability, performance and automated validation
- Build modern solutions using the best technologies available, informed by a deep understanding of cloud architecture and how distributed systems operate at scale
- Own business problems, shape ideas into system designs and lead developers through execution
- Mentor and lead other engineers to achieve our goals
- 5+ years of experience solving distributed systems problems
- Robust experience designing and building modern back-end cloud systems
- A track record of leading developers to deliver effective solutions in a modern, cloud-based architecture, ideally using Python and Node.js
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have skills and experience in these areas (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- GraphQL and related frameworks e.g. Relay, Apollo and URQL
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
- Web apps with live updates - pub/sub solutions (such as Redis), WebSockets
- SQL (especially modern versions of PostgreSQL)
- Designing and building observability solutions, utilizing modern monitoring, logging, and metrics tools ensure overall system health
- HIPAA, PHI and PII compliance
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Open for remote location
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.