At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade distribution tools for creators and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Help us build and scale our Upload API, which powers over 100k+ uploads daily including traffic from our mobile apps, 3rd party integrations and our public developer API
- Collaborate closely with our Product and Engineering teams to move key projects from conception to launch
- Define and iterate on our architectural roadmap to enable rapid iteration and long term stability
- Improve our tooling to identify and debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack
- Mentor other engineers on the team to aid in their technical growth
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Can design and implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Extensive experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- An intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued and measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Great planning skills, able to break down large projects into milestones and identify risks and dependencies
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently and can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of proposed solutions
- Experience mentoring more junior members of your teams
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience developing with Restful APIs
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs