Sr. Software Engineer - Enterprise Innovation
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
GrubHub is seeking passionate junior engineers to join its Enterprise Innovation Team. This team is at the center of expanding our ordering platform to help differentiate ourselves from other players in our space, as well as facilitate new channels for revenue generation. Who doesn’t love free lunch? A big part of our mission is building products that allow companies to enable their employees to order lunch and dinner with the company picking up the dime. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, fault-tolerant core features on our ordering platform
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that make our users excited to use our products
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 2+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Experience overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]bhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.