Sr. Software Engineer - Mobile - Android
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for Android Engineers to join our awesome mobile team to create some exciting projects. Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology. Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you’re excited to work with a product that will change the way take out and delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, etc)
- Understand products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for both diners and restaurants
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
You Should Have
- Working knowledge of the Android platform and tools
- Fragments, Adapters, Services and BroadcastReceivers
- Layouts, ActionBar, Menus, Volley, Google Play Services
- An understanding of Android app architecture and use of design patterns
- Experience with Gradle, Espresso, RoboGuice, Robolectric a plus
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Ability to learn/work quickly and independently
- Ability to collaborate and share knowledge
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.