Sr. Software Engineer, Multiplayer
What you'll be doing:
- Owning Social: Making social experiences isn’t just a crucial part of our products, it is our genesis. We have built our company and product off of the idea of fully social VR experiences for sports. We’ve only scratched the surface though and we need you to make social better, more stable, and richer than any sports experience ever has been.
- Pioneering Development: Multiple users, multiple platforms, varying internet speeds, all in perfect sync. That's your challenge. You’ll be the champion of making our live streams a cohesive and engaging multiplayer experience. So that means implementing network synchronization of live video and VoIP across multiple clients using your experience in networking technologies and approaches.
- Learning: We want you to come in with the skills necessary to do the work. That's a given. What you’ll also be doing though is becoming the expert on everything social. That means using everything you know and being the team’s resource when it comes to any and every problem related to social.
- Building tools: Efficiency is the name of the game. Being efficient means creating tools and processes that our entire product team use to make everyone life easier without compromising quality. Sounds easy right?
- Scaling: “Does it scale?” It’s a big scary question and every burgeoning companies biggest hurdle. You’re going to help us confidently answer “Yes”. By building multi-user features and a front-end infrastructure necessary for all current and future developments.
Our preferred qualifications:
- Experience from implementing multiuser applications (preferably in a gaming environment).
- You’ve worked with client-server and peer-to-peer networks.
- Knowledge of low-level network APIs (TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, etc…).
- 4+ years of experiences working with distributed systems.
- A history of picking up new skills & technologies quickly.
- Passion for VR, AR, MR and Game Development (or dogs. Those are cool too).
- You fully endorse the "no brilliant jerks" mentality.
- You’re not afraid of an honest, open, yet entirely respectful work environment.
- Your luck with the /giphy command in Slack is inconceivable.
What would be cool:
- Familiarity with working a Unity based development environment
- Your personal Github page is full of cool projects you wanna share with us
- Prior work with mobile platforms
- You’ve got a strong sense of personal drive and when tasked to solve something tricky will move forward at full force
- You wanna get our CTO chocolate (this kind of bribery is ok with him
What we offer:
- $115,000 - $140,000 Salary
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick day policy
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Relocation package
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- Yearly sporting events & VR stipend
Recruiting AgenciesWe are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way. LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.