Sr. Software Engineer, OTT Automation at Vimeo
Vimeo OTT is forming a new team to establish and scale engineering solutions around automation pipelines for thousands of applications. As the initial engineer, you will have the opportunity to break new ground, building agile workflows and engineering practices. Your goal will be to develop robust and flexible pipelines to support ever-growing automation needs! Your work will span backend services that power browser extensions that automate store submission.
We are looking for versatile software engineers who are process-driven and have great architecture skills and a deep understanding of tooling to satisfy various automation needs. As the first engineer on a newly-formed team, ideal candidates will have built automation around application stores like Google Play, coded server-side applications, and are familiar with OTT development. Candidates should also be detail-oriented and ready to collaborate enthusiastically within an agile team.
Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell their videos through our branded websites and apps on iPhone, Android, and more. We’re a team that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, and upholds technical excellence. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great tech.What you'll do:
- Write automation pipeline for more than 8 application platforms (iOS, Android, Roku, and more) that configures, builds, and submits thousands of applications.
- Accompany your code with meaningful test coverage.
- Aim towards goals, such as scalability and maintainability of the pipeline.
- Provide feedback on your efforts and the work of others.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Experiment and discover solutions to a range of technical problems.
- Drive towards the best possible automation.
- Coordinate with application teams effectively.
- 4+ years building server-side solutions.
- Good understanding of modern Ruby development.
- Familiarity with other scripting languages like Python.
- Can program complex systems with many moving parts.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs