Sr. Software Engineer - Restaurant Content
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
GrubHub is seeking experienced engineers to join its Discovery Restaurant Content team. This team is at the center of building our restaurant content platform in order to capture and deliver the most relevant data to our restaurants and customers via the right channel at the right time. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome technology solutions while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Experience overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to[email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.