Sr. Software Engineer, Scala & Python at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As a senior engineer you will be responsible for the development of lineage scanners. The goal is to extract useful metadata from various technologies, specifically ETL tools and BI reporting tools. Extraction has various levels of complexity coming from processing XML files to implementing a lightweight scripting language processor.
This position is ideal if you would like to spend the majority of your day being focused on coding. Beside that you will also be accountable for the overall scanner architecture and optimizing day-to-day efforts of the BI/ETL scanner team.
Your work will have a positive impact on companies, developers and data scientists who have to otherwise extract lineage manually or keep it as black box. Value proposition and motto of the team you will lead is “We need 1 minute to document 1 year of your development”.A day in the life of a Sr. Software Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Working independently and delivering quality code while implementing various scanners
- Manage day to day technical challenges and coordinate team development efforts
- Lead the definition and implementation of architecture, technical strategies, standards, configurations, and ensure overall team success
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Engineering and Product teams to influence technical decisions
- Push the limits of what can be achieved with programming language processing
- Implement algorithms for traversing multiple sourcers and strive for code reusability
- Leverage metadata buried in underlying tech and deliver a great value to end users
- Achieve many great things of which to be proud, and fall asleep happily after a great working day
- You’ll be working with the following tech stack: Python, Scala, SQL, Docker, AWS
- 8+ years of overall experience in the software industry and a Master’s degree in a related field
- Very solid experience with Scala or Python (alternatively in a complimentary language)
- Experience managing development roadmaps and releases, and organizing engineering teams
- Driven and influenced strategic initiatives through effective communication and collaboration with team members and product leaders
- A repeatable approach to defining, articulating, and implementing methods and strategies to develop complex products and features
- You are organized and you intuitively create structure around yourself
- You are a team player
- You are Agile, positive, open, and have a flexible, solution-driven mindset
- You are comfortable working fully in English - we're a global team, and it's the language we share!
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*