Sr Software Engineer, Stream Processing at Collibra
Today, organizations across all industries are using data for nearly every business decision, and the value of reliable, trustworthy data has grown exponentially as a way to gain competitive advantage. Collibra was built to be the system of record for all data professionals.
Our scalable, cloud-based platform provides people with a uniform view of their data landscape, independent of where or how the data is stored. This enables people to automate processes, find and understand their data, and trust the data to make confident, informed business decisions - something we call Data Intelligence.
Founded in 2008 in Brussels, Belgium
Named Belgium’s first Tech Unicorn in 2019
$345.5M in funding
600+ employees across 18 countries
Global offices in Brussels, NYC, Wroclaw and Atlanta
Co-working locations in London, Paris and Melbourne
Main tech stack: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, Spring, PostgresQL, React, TypeScript, GraphQL and many others
Collibra is looking for a Sr Software Engineer, Stream Processing to play a leading role in evolving its software architecture and defining reference architectures for exciting new applications. Our product vision requires expertise in scalable, parallel processing of large amounts of data, developing modern event-based services, and applying pragmatism to the use of microservices vs. simpler methods when appropriate. Our current applications and a whole suite of new, cutting-edge applications require data intensive, scalable, resilient, and portable (multi- and hybrid-cloud) eventing services that conform to a CI/CD pipeline and benefits from a heightened focus of delivering value early and often to our customers.A day in the life of a Sr Software Engineer, Stream Processing at Collibra:
This person will work with a team of extremely talented engineers, product leaders and architects to provide the long-term architectural roadmap, play a strategic role in guiding and defining the use of cutting-edge technologies, and be a driving force for quality, speed, and efficiency.
This means that you'll have the following responsibilities:
- Validate and consult with development teams on the appropriate use of Kafka, Microservices, and other methodologies, focused on delivering high-quality, scalable solutions in a timely manner.
- Leveraging your expertise to design and implement (with other engineers following your lead) a scalable and performant data processing layer for Collibra
- Taking full ownership for designing a broad, comprehensive technical strategy focused on event based processing and a scalable cloud architecture.
- Partnering closely with Product Management and Marketing to set product strategy and conveying estimates of effort for agilely implementing complex solutions
- Creating formal networks with key decision makers and serve as an external spokesperson for the organization
- Implementing prototypes of features that accelerate the value of Collibra for customers that can be used and productionalized by others
- Managing and working with complex dependencies between different teams and products to ensure alignment, product quality, and vision are in a class of their own
- Deep practical experience in Kafka technology a MUST
- Solid grasp of Java
- A track record of delivering high-quality scalable solutions for extremely large datasets
- Experience designing event-based services and streaming processing
- Deep understanding of cloud computing--AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Strong understanding of container and container orchestration technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent communication skills to interact, lead, and collaborate with other Engineering teams, Product Management, customers, and at community events and trade shows
- Strong understanding of distributed systems programming
- Strong experience developing high quality APIs for end customers as well as internal developers
- Comfortable with a fast pace environment with competing priorities and ability to remain focused and confident
- Experience with Elastic Search a big plus
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team is a big plus
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*