Vimeo's Video Platform team is responsible for the systems and services that upload, transcode, and deliver billions of plays and hundreds of petabytes of on-demand and live videos.
As a member of the Video Platform team, you’ll work closely with the other team members to ensure the video (VOD & Live) infrastructure is always up and running, write APIs to interface with other systems, and work with other teams to improve the end-users experience.
We own the services we write, which means following the best practices when it comes to writing code, writing tests, and ensuring the apps are properly instrumented.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and maintain Vimeo’s video upload, transcoding and live infrastructures (from ingest to playback).
- Work with the team to build frameworks to simplify deployment and testing.
- Deliver innovative video solutions in collaboration with Video Encoding, Player and other Product Engineering teams
- Architect scalable, observable systems in collaboration with Cloud and CDN providers to deliver high quality user experience.
- Evaluate and propose new solutions to improve performance and cost
Skills & Knowledge You Should Possess:
- 4+ years of experience programming for distributed systems.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable systems in the cloud.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Write high-quality code, tests and make sure your services are monitored.
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with Go.
- Experience working with video technologies (ffmpeg, HLS, Dash, etc.).
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs