WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. We’re a data-driven collective, building the future of pet care with interconnected solutions that reimagine every experience across the pet parent journey. We combine insights, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be, and ultimately create a better world for pets. That includes our world-leading WISDOM PANEL™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs, the award-winning WHISTLE™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor, Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, and our partnerships like the LEAP VENTURE STUDIO accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents.
Kinship is a business division of Mars Petcare, the global leader in pet health, nutrition, and services, and dedicated to one purpose: A Better World for Pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
OneKinship Engineering team is a critical part of our technology organization and partners closely with our consumer and b2b engineering teams to architect, build and manage a broad range of platform capabilities that acts like a “glue” between different engineering functions
HOW YOU’LL HELP EVERYONE PET PARENT LIKE A PRO
As the Sr. Software Engineer of KinshipID team, you will be part of a team of engineers that reports to Engineering Manager, KinshipID to build, manage and scale a common platform that integrates various IDs across Kinship portfolios with an outcome that drives consistency and leads to deeper understanding of our cross-brand customer engagement. This role will collaborate with our cross-brands such as Whistle, Wisdom Panel, Vet Insights as well as our product/engineering partners across Russia, China and other international locations to device a common platform of IDs and feeds into our CDP (Customer Data Platform). With this platform, you will drive seamless logged in customer experience across all our brands. You will be directly responsible to build, manage, scale our micro-services that power such an experience. You are a hands-on engineer who has built various mico-services at scale deployed across public clouds such as AWS leveraging open source technologies and adept at using the best algorithmic choice, proud of your craftsmanship to write highly efficient code understanding time and space complexity (Big O).
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across Kinship to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
- You are pragmatic thinker and outcome driven collaborator
- You are a coach and sees importance to mentor junior engineers
- You are able to go technically deep as well as cover a wide range of shared engineering capabilities
- 7+ years of experience in software development with at least 2+ building platform capabilities
- Deep experience coding in multiple languages such as Java, C++, Go, Python, Ruby etc.
- Good understanding of Customer Data Platform
- Good understanding of modern cloud friendly devops tools, terraform, Infrastructure as Code
- Deep hands-on experience with relational as well as noSQL database technologies at scale
- Deep understanding of end-to-end deployment architecture including experience with CDNs, networking, distributed systems that yields high availability, active-active topologies
- Experience with distributed caching technologies
- Comfortable with open source technologies and ability to configure/tweak them for scale
- Experience in building API Management Platform
- Disciplined about writing well-structured, manageable code with adequate documentation
- Hands-on experience on building high scale micro-services
- Hands on experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or comparable public cloud
- Deep understanding of architectural tradeoffs optimized for scale and throughput
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship