Sr. Video Streaming Engineer, VR/AR
What You'll Be Doing
- Video Streaming Expertise: Hopefully you like superheroes because you'll be ours. But mostly in a “you're going to be the person who knows a lot about video streaming technologies and software development” kind of way.
- Inventing: You'll be implementing cutting-edge video features such as live metadata sync, synchronized video across multiple clients, efficient simultaneous multi-video playback, and instantaneous multi-channel video switching. That's just the start of it though.
- Creating: You'll develop video features for end-users via our apps. You'll also be building tools to assist the backend, QA, & product teams to utilize these features internally.
- Collaborating: As fun as just working with engineers is, you can fully expect to be rubbing elbows with everyone that our teams have to offer. Expect to collaborate with our Product Managers, Project Managers, Ux/UI Designers, 3D artists, and the Business team regularly.
- Scaling: Come up with solutions to problems involving our streaming infrastructure that allows us to scale up and service several clients internationally - sometimes simultaneously.
Our preferred qualifications:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience on live video technologies.
- Experience with video playback & streaming on mobile devices.
- Deep knowledge of HLS & DASH streaming protocols.
- You understand what it takes to optimize video players.
- You're not afraid to be thecentral knowledge base for all things Video.
- Passion for XR and/or Sports
- You fully endorse the "no brilliant jerks" mentality
- You’re not afraid of an honest, open, yet entirely respectful work environment.
- Your luck with the /giphy command in Slack is inconceivable.
What Would Be Cool:
- Experience developing custom video players on iOS & Android.
- Experience with building live streaming apps at scale.
- Your personal Github page is full of cool projects you wanna share with us
- You’ve got a strong sense of personal drive and when tasked to solve something tricky will move forward at full force
What We Offer:
- $120,000 - $145,000 Salary
- Unlimited Vacation & Sick day policy
- All the fun insurance-y benefits you expect
- Relocation package
- Tons of VR & AR equipment to play with
- Monthly sportings events & VR stipend
Recruiting AgenciesWe are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox any way. LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.