Sr. Web Developer at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Work in a fun and fast-paced environment supporting the wide-ranging development needs of our Marketing department. This is an unbeatable opportunity for a talented, budding engineer to grow and advance at an elite tech company.
In this role you will:
- Use tools and programming languages, including but not limited to C#, C++, Java, XML, HTML, CGI, ASP, multimedia applications, database interactions and data modeling tools to support restaurant partners, or assist in the adoption of new features
- Build Wordpress experiences focused on driving restaurant acquisition, or support
- Work with the CRM Leadership Team to suggest, scope, and build tools to drive stakeholder results
- Develop HTML templates for our customer-facing email programs. Serve as the expert for how to make emails look pixel-perfect across every major email platform
- Maintain and develop WordPress-based websites such as The Blog, Grubhub for Restaurants, and Grubhub for Drivers.
- Maintain and develop an internal drag & drop email building tool based in React and Ruby
- Adopt and adhere to coding best practices including code reviews, automated testing, and version control
- Manage your own workload by accurately gauging timelines and meeting deadlines
- Work with UX designers and provide feedback when necessary
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UX designs
- Work across teams and communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and customers
- Manage a small team operating as a key hub for Marketing tools and campaigns
You Should Have
- Experience coding responsive HTML email templates.
- WordPress and custom PHP development experience
- 4 -6 years experience building interactive web applications
- Strong CSS & HTML5 skills, including SASS and LESS. Experience with responsive design.
- Comfortable using Git version control via command line
- Experience either directly managing and/or mentoring direct reports
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.