About the team
Service reliability is the core responsibility of every software engineering team. Our SRE team helps ensure that as an organization we remove our silos, embrace the fact that accidents happen, prioritize the fact that measurement is crucial, and invest in improving our operations capabilities while improving developer efficiency. Software operations, as a discipline, is hard. Add in the company’s goals of managing multiple brands spread across many geographies and all the new features we are launching, and it becomes even more challenging. The SRE team is dedicated to ensuring that the Harry’s Tech team proactively builds reliability into our products.
About the role
As the manager of this team, you will be responsible for the growth and development of the Site Reliability Engineers. You will lead defining what it means for the system to be available and help the engineering team set and track metrics, identify projects, and work across the organization to ensure we are always striving to improve our operational excellence. You will ensure that as an organization, we are proactively monitoring the health of our systems and new features, communicating observations to executive leadership and the team, and adding reliability to our overall architecture.
What you will accomplish
- As a player/coach, you will still have hands on work while managing the growth and development of the SRE team
- You will set Harry’s Tech operational best practices and ensure the organization has service-level objectives, service-level agreements, and service-level indicators.
- You will improve the engineering organization’s overall observability of the team’s application and infrastructure
- You will ensure that as an organization, we are following best practices and proactively testing the flexibility and resilience of our systems
- You will improve our on-call process and open up communication channels across the team and company
This should describe you
- You are highly resilient, have a strong sense of what’s important as priorities change, and coach the team to reset and remain focused accordingly.
- You create an environment where calculated risk-taking is valued, as measured by your team and the organization trying new things and improving existing processes and experiences.
- You invest proactively in building high-performing teams by coaching people and creating growth and development opportunities that align with people’s personal motivations and goals
- You set clear standards, hold people accountable, and give clear and compassionate feedback in all directions
- You create a culture of inclusion, not just within your team but cross-functionally as well
- A Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science (or equivalent non-traditional training) and 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering and 2+ years of management experience
- Infrastructure architecture and design skills
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring, logging and alerting systems
- Strong foundation with AWS, in particular Kubernetes / EKS, ECS, Cloudformation, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Great communication skills
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the VP of Engineering
- Working on the Site Reliability Team
- Working cross-functionally with the entire engineering organization and IT team
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your Hiring Manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more. #BI-Remote