We are looking for someone to provide technical leadership as the team designs, builds, and deploys Android applications and features for our Members. Your primary focus will be on our new Peloton Super Studio apps (supporting Instructors and Studio visitors) as well as Social features on our flagship bikes and treadmills. You will get the opportunity to guide and build customer-facing features in Kotlin and deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets.
With your technical vision and expertise, the team will deliver a world-class experience for our members.
You will iterate on process, technology, and communication with your team. You will also assist in mentoring the engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience
- At least two years being a Staff Engineer / Tech Lead of a group of three or more software engineers.
- Have a solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Good active listening skills, the ability to empathize with customers, stakeholders and other engineers.
- Experience with Agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience mentoring engineers with the team-focused mentality for success
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done.
- Solid experience with Git, REST APIs
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVI and MVVM
- Experience with profiling UI, memory and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Have experience using monitoring and metrics to support KPIs and performance
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have worked on connected hardware products
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.