We are looking for engaged and passionate Site Reliability Engineers to join our Production Reliability team. We enable developers to move quickly and innovate by providing the foundation upon which developers build the Peloton experience.
The Production Reliability Team’s mission is to improve the reliability of the applications we launch at Peloton by collaborating on software design with other teams in the engineering organization. We are stewards of reliability and wish to bring the best of SRE practices to our work and into Peloton’s engineering culture. We are working to implement SLOs, SLIs, and educate about the use of error budgets across the organization. We work closely with service owners on architecture and scalability of their services and have an opportunity to work with new projects and initiatives.What you’ll do
- Be a hands-on leader with focus on delivery of small to large initiatives including guiding the team to make strategic technical decisions to enable delivery outcomes, set expectations with and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Be directly responsible for the reliability outcomes and the culture of resilience inside Peloton.
- Lead, coach, and mentor other engineers of diverse backgrounds in an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Design, develop and operate business-critical backend systems with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Relentlessly mitigate toil for your team and for the larger engineering organization.
- Implement self-service tooling and enhance the developer experience.
- Deliver high quality outcomes across our engineering organization.
- Demonstrated ability and maturity in your software engineering practice, with strong experience in practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with your team and with customers and the ability to demonstrate empathy for their concerns.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining automation and developer tooling around distributed systems.
- Expert knowledge of observability and monitoring platforms, incident management skills, and the ability to help drive a cohesive narrative around availability and reliability with engineers and senior leaders.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach coupled with effective communication skills and drive.
- Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Hands on experience decomposing monoliths into microservices
- Hands-on experience designing and building event-driven architectures
- Experience with XP practices such as pair programming and Test Driven Development
- Passion and experience with kubernetes and the cloud (AWS) a very strong plus.
- Extensive work in implementing SRE best practices across growing teams.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.