Staff Core Engineer, Meetup Groups
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- and to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great meetup in real life.
Core Engineers get to push code and deploy multiple times daily and work alongside a smart, friendly, dedicated cross-functional team to build the next generation of Meetup products. We're a JVM shop (Java and Scala), and open to teaching you functional programming. Our team is smart, visionary, supportive, and above all, we are excited by what we do!
What you get to do:
- Build back-end services and APIs that serve content for our mobile and web applications
- Collaborate with product and platform teams on new ideas and feature development
- Architect, design, and implement features across multiple areas of our product and platform
- Participate in code reviews in a continuous delivery environment
- State your opinions and contribute to an inclusive decision-making process
- Help re-architect and build our new services-oriented platform
- Learn new things and share knowledge with team members
Who you are:
- You are thrilled with the idea of helping grow local community worldwide
- Strengths in either a Functional or Object Oriented programming language
- Have good API development experience
- Exhibit strong database skills
- Know/like any of the tools we use: Scala, Java, Redis/MySQL, AWS
- BS/MS/Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related technical field
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Meetup's work environment is relaxed and fun, even as we meet our deadlines and stay focused on quick, quality completion of projects. Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?