Staff DevOps Engineer at Bread
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
Bread is hiring Devops Engineers! Are you interested in a culture that nurtures Kubernetes, infrastructure as code, automation, microservices, and CI/CD? As a member of our engineering team, you’ll have a direct impact on solving interesting and large-scale problems through Devops best practices.
Your role at Bread:
- Automation (Orchestrate systems provisioning, processes)
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes
- Improve our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
- Nurture Devops best practices
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record as a DevOps engineer in a fast paced environment
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (VPC, Security Groups, EC2, S3, Redshift, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, SSM, RDS (Postgres)).
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, EKS, Kubernetes)
- Experience deploying and supporting microservices-based architecture
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Travis, Buildkite, Codefresh, CodeBuild)
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, firewall and network concepts.
- Strong Linux fundamentals (CentOS/Ubuntu, grub, top, df, mpstat and ssh).
- Scripting ability (Bash, Ruby, Python, Go)
- Strong experience with automation tools (Terraform/Chef)
- Analytical/problem troubleshooting to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Understanding of logging and monitoring tools (Opsgenie, Appdynamics, Sumologic, Datadog, ELK)
- Deep understanding of network, application, and infrastructure security
- Knowledge of NGINX, RabbitMQ, and Redis
- Expertise deploying and managing HashiCorp Vault
- Knowledge of service meshing (Istio)
Nice to have:
- Load testing (Gatling, Locust, JMeter)
- Experience with GCP infrastructure (GKE, CloudSQL, Memorystore)
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in “20%” time through Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included ones for Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, and Monitoring. Groups meet every Friday to plan and own their roadmap and implement their features. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and over time potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!
About Alliance Data Card Services
Alliance Data Card Services provides market-leading private label, co-brand, general purpose and commercial credit card programs, digital payments and Comenity-branded financial services. Using the industry’s most comprehensive and predictive data set, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching capabilities, Alliance Data Card Services has been helping partners increase sales and provide greater value to their customers for more than 30 years. Follow Alliance Data Card Services on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
A division of Alliance Data, Bread is a leading digital payments company that works with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Through its full-funnel recommendation engine, Bread empowers merchants to sell more, improve conversion and lift average-order-value. Follow Bread on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Alliance Data Card Services and Bread are a proud part of the Alliance Data enterprise, a FORTUNE 500 and S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio with more than 8,000 associates worldwide.
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Alliance Data complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. Applicants with disabilities may contact Alliance Data to request an arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected].