Staff Electrical Engineer at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to lead the design, development, and integration of cutting edge technology for our smart access products. You will work in a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation is demanded. You will serve as the go-to focal point within our team to develop projects from concept to completion focusing on system architecture, prototype design, bring-up, debugging, and characterization. You will do interdisciplinary work with the Mechanical, Firmware, QA, and Product teams to develop the product from a prototype to an industry-leading smart access solution.
- Design and specification for Latch’s next generation products, including updating the system architecture and incorporating novel technologies
- Prototyping new hardware and evaluating potential design challenges at scale
- Work cross-functionally with firmware, mechanical, software, and manufacturing teams to successfully ship great products
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years experience in product development or PhD with 3+ years experience
- Strong experience with Schematic and PCB Design using Altium.
- Strong EE Fundamentals (High Speed, DC-DC, Analog, Digital, Imaging)
- Significant RF design experience (BLE, WiFi, Zigbee, LTE)
- Familiarity with SOC and embedded systems architecture
- Driven products through FCC, CE, and UL compliance, including EMI and ESD
- DFM experience for high volume production
- Clearly communicate design tradeoffs with technical and non-technical colleagues
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice