Staff Engineer, Developer Experience - Kotlin Microservices and Infrastructure at Peloton
Peloton Interactive is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Developer Experience team. Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry in order to reduce friction and measurably increase the velocity of the company’s talented engineering community.
As a Staff Engineer your scope would include the architecture, development, and maintenance strategies behind the developer infrastructure and tooling that impacts every engineer at peloton. You will be one of only two engineers at this level in the DevEx organization and will be looked to for technical leadership, mentoring, and direction by the engineers of all levels within the rest of our department. You will engage with peers throughout the greater engineering community to understand how to speed and optimize the developer experience across the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning.What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within Platform Engineering, influencing and driving technical investments across teams with a "Platform Thinking" mindset. Help others in design, sequencing, execution, and problem solving.
- Architect, develop, test, release, and support CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gradle, Gerrit, Artifactory, etc.
- Evolve our IaC and Developer Portal (CNCF's Backstage) offerings to our customers.
- Act as an Advisor and Dev Evangelist to Peloton’s Tech Learning Program
- Adhere to best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, and regression), and scrum methodology
- Evaluate developer platform designs, technical decisions, and code to ensure all are high quality, efficient, and well documented.
- Take responsibility for the planning, execution and updating of technical roadmaps.
- You love to solve challenging engineering problems.
- You are knowledgeable and opinionated about the software development lifecycle.
- You have expert knowledge of the languages the rest of Peloton relies on (In this case Java/Kotlin) and can bridge the gap between a feature developers needs and the systems that support them.
- You have experience and heavy interest in build tooling, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, and can take a customer first approach to evolving the strategies of each.
- Experienced with microservice and application frameworks for Java, Kotlin, and Python.
- You advocate for improving developer experiences and practices and lead engineering efforts in support.
- You enjoy mentoring and helping others develop skills.
- You are experienced with the software development life cycle and familiar with best practices in developing, reviewing and managing code.
- You enjoy collaboration, and are excited to connect with peers throughout the organization, code well with others, and have a history of driving consensus amongst engineers.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.