As a Staff Video Streaming Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing and maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live and video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
- Comfortable building solutions that scale and working with multiple teams on projects from idea to production.
- Comfortable with identifying areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, be able to justify your approach and then implement the solution.
- A thinker and a doer. You dream big and make things happen.
- Love automating things; we want people who want to work smarter, not harder!
- Be apart of the core team that develops and maintains, extends and improves our video backend based on state of the art technology
- Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and operate our video services
- Experience with programming in Python or Go
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Experience in working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems, and error reporting systems
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
- The right person will possess significant hands-on implementation experience and demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of video, video pipelines delivering software architecture, and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partners and customers.
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners and programs.
- Experience with digital rights management.
- Experience with video codecs and compression.
- Experience working with content encoding and transcoding.
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience with creating AWS Lambda workflows for serverless workflows.
- Experience with AWS Elemental physical servers and cloud media services.
- Experience working with global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
- Experience working with AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.