Staff Engineer at WeWork Technology
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Technology covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
Here are some examples of the objectives that our team is trying to achieve:
- Shorten the product to market time across WeWork’s portfolio
- Drive up revenue through data-driven price optimization
- Launch tailored flexible product offerings to enterprise and mid-market members
- Improve retention and reduce unexpected churn
You’ll be a contributing engineer spending most of your time solving technical and product problems with other engineers and other disciplines. You will be expected to:
- Evolve our systems using high quality, scalable architectural design via code review and design doc.
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business.
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools and frameworks and methods to help in effectively meeting cross-team objectives and the overall quarterly team objectives..
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented and clean code.
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience driving technical excellence and engineering practices across teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 335+ buildings in 20+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.