Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
We are looking for a veteran mechanical engineer to join the team at Latch! They should be an expert in design for plastic injection molding, die casting, sheet metal forming, and other part manufacturing processes. The candidate will be adept at scoping problems, driving definition, and architecting solutions throughout the product development cycle. This will be done across multiple functions in the organization, demonstrating comfort in product, design, and operations-focused conversations. They will be a leader across product lines, bringing focus and excellence to their programs.
- Development of new product architectures in an attempt to unify multiple product lines
- Prototyping new product concepts
- Consulting on Latch’s hardware and technology roadmaps
- Leadership of multiple product teams in development cycles from concept to mass production
- Consulting on reliability, quality, compliance, and internal development
- BS in ME
- 10+ years experience in consumer electronics (or similar field)
- Expert level CAD proficiency (SolidWorks or Creo preferred)
- Successful deployment of several product lines/families
- Experience designing and weatherproofing outdoor products, including water and dust-proofing electronics (IP65/67)
- Knowledge of finishes and coatings for plastics and metals, outdoor and cosmetic
- Mechanism design experience preferred
- Experience in overseas manufacturing support
- Knowledge of electronics manufacture and test
- Experience in final assembly cells/lines for consumer products or building hardware is a must
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and DOE methodology for eliminating defects
- Experience leading and/or mentoring junior engineers preferred
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice