Staff Security Engineer
As a Staff Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for helping the engineering teams improve the quality of the Namely codebase via ongoing assessments and education. The ideal candidate must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of and experience in IT security, application development / support, event aggregation / correlations, and data analytics. The Security Engineer will develop, optimize, and operate the security tools used in the Namely IT Security environment and contribute to the overall security strategy across the organization. You will work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Design, deploy, and maintain security solutions
- Create and execute on a security event management strategy, with the ability to scale with expanding business requirements
- Design and maintain analytics and visualizations required for analysis of complex security data
- Collaborate with Namely engineering teams to provide feedback on Namely products and secure development environments
- Several years experience working in a security role
- Deep technical knowledge of fundamental security concepts, such as authentication, applied cryptography, and network security
- Considerable experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Comfortable writing maintainable code (e.g. Python) to solve complex security challenges and integrate solutions via APIs
- Strong working knowledge of Splunk and familiarity with a big data technology
- Working knowledge of common cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure) and requirements to address management and security challenges
- Strong understanding of how to ingest, normalize, and maintain large, complex data sets
- Comfortable with systems management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Nice to Have:
- Technical security certifications: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP etc.
- Previous work experience at a startup or in the HR/Financial space
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.