Staff Security Engineer at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking a Staff Security Engineer to join the security organization as a core member responsible for architecting, assessing, and analyzing Squarespace's security posture. In this role you will report to the Director of Security and work both independently and collaboratively with other security engineers, developers, and engineering managers. You will play a critical role in a group of very senior engineers at the forefront of Squarespace's technology, helping them with direction, security architecture best practices, and security evangelization.
As a secondary function, you will engage in threat and other security-related intelligence collection, enabling the success of other functions within the security team.
- Responsible for management and implementation of the security architecture function within the security team
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation of security architecture and secure development best practices
- Lead cross team remediation or mitigation strategies in order to improve and optimize visibility, detection, and prevention capabilities across the Squarespace technical stack
- Make security understandable across multi technical and non-technical teams, communicating priorities at the right level
- Closely work with the internal Red Team providing guidance on what needs to be tested
- Oversee the development of cybersecurity threat intelligence capabilities to aid detection and response within Squarespace
- Work closely with the SOC team to ensure they are staying abreast of threat intelligence and security knowledge
- Lead the development of a secure lifecycle process
- Collaborate in the development of program level reports which help define success or failure across different initiatives in the engineering department
- Develop comprehensive presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences in order to effectively build security awareness across Squarespace
- Lead and coordinate training sessions for both internal and external partners
- Mentor and support more junior team members
- A minimum of 8 years experience working as a security professional, and a minimum of 5 years experience working closely with incident response and security monitoring teams
- Experience in building, and leading a security architecture function, creating processes and documentation, and enabling a cross-team technical roadmap success
- Excellent communication skills and ease in working and collaborating with stakeholders across organizational boundaries
- Ability to mentor junior security engineers and create a shared vision, motivating individuals and teams to make that vision a reality
- Experience with a variety of security incident response frameworks, tools and best practices
- Understanding of risk management and business continuity principles and practices
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.