Staff Site Reliability Engineer, Traffic Engineer V (Remote) at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first - hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in our home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Our team is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer with a passion for building a reliable, scalable, and performant cloud infrastructure and tools to power the Stash experience.
We’ve had tremendous growth over the past 2 years and to support these initiatives, Stash will be expanding our team that supports our edge cloud infrastructure. As a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will be working to build out and scale our infrastructure platform and processes that are the bedrock of Stash.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, and implement infrastructure services on AWS relating network infrastructure, load balancers, reverse proxies and application performance monitoring and logging solutions
- Develop application gateway using Nginx, Openresty, Lua and Terraform
- Facilitate scalable infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
- Lead operational health, maintenance, optimization, security initiatives with our application gateway
- Coordinate with DevOps Engineers, SRE, Backend Engineers and product teams to support end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Develop and maintain infrastructure modules for use by engineering staff
- Ensure high availability of infrastructure with anomalous behavior alerting
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of professional experience building and deploying Internet services and APIs
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, a related technical field, or relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience working with AWS and working with applications that undertake high network load
- Extensive experience configuring and deploying Nginx reverse proxies and load balancers
- Comprehensive understanding of networking and application protocols (TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP/S, TLS, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages (and AWS SDKs)
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Terraform (or Terraform Enterprise)
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**