Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
The role / What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to come be the founding engineer in our SRE practice and build it out from the ground up. You have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. We want you to come build a world class SRE capability that ensures our systems are always able to help our patients heal.
This role reports to our CISO
Responsibilities / What will I be doing? / You will…
- Roadmap design to ensure a robust, resilient and recoverable production environment that scales against a rapidly growing business and team.
- Develop processes, practices and norms to build a culture of shared ownership across the engineering organization. This includes (but is not limited to) incident response, on call and post-mortems.
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services.
- Develop tools and processes to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a Linux environment to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
Qualifications / What skills do I need? / You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- You have significant experience with cloud providers, container orchestration, infrastructure as code (IaC), observability/monitoring and incident response. We use AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform and DataDog.
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics.
- You have a proven track record of senior technical leadership by leading technical projects from design, through implementation, culminating in wide adoption and/or cultural change.
- You are an excellent communicator and can provide non-technical explanations for highly technical projects.
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.