Staff Software Engineer - Audio at Peloton
In this role, you’ll work within cross-functional research teams to conceive, explore, architect, implement, and validate cutting-edge audio algorithms and system prototypes. You’ll solve difficult technical challenges to create new and exciting experiences. Expertise in digital signal processing, experience in DSP implementation, experience with acoustic systems, and a passion for great audio are required. Awe-inspiring experiences, born from your creativity and deep engineering excellence, will reach millions of people across the world.
- Create cutting-edge algorithms by applying state-of-the-art signal processing from within research and beyond. Take an active role in defining, implementing, evaluating, and refining algorithms in conjunction with a cross-functional team.
- Deliver new experiences through rapid build/test/learn concept of audio systems. Architect and build software and hardware prototype systems that enable high-speed research exploration.
- Pave the way to product by working with downstream product development engineering, creating efficient implementations of complex, new algorithms that meet practical constraints.
- Proven track record of conceiving, prototyping, and implementing effective and desirable audio algorithms.
- Experience with implementing algorithms on real-time DSPs, software development practices, and software architecture.
- Technical problem-solving skills that combine evidence with intuition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical listening skills and passion for sound quality.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field.
- Experience with acoustic components and acoustic measurements.
- Familiarity with telecommunication signal processing, including echo cancellation, beam forming, and noise reduction.
- Familiarity with acoustic measurements, subjective audio quality assessment, and telecommunication test standards.
- Experience with machine learning, deep neural networks, and TensorFlow
- Graduate degree(s) preferred
- Minimum industry experience of 5 years; 10+ years experience preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.