Teachable is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our scaling payments teams. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a senior technical leader of our technology team, you will be responsible for designing and building key components of a system that impacts thousands of creators and millions of students. As our team continues to grow, your experience will be essential in ensuring that we scale with reliability, performance, and resiliency as we grow and continue to improve the supportive engineering culture we already have here. You will help define our roadmap and the best execution strategy to drive the progression of our stack and our team at large
Read up on engineering here in How We Code at Teachable
We are looking for someone
- With 7+ years of professional hands-on experience building production web applications
- With software development experience using Ruby, Python, Java, Go, etc
- Has led technical architecture discussions to drive technical decisions on your team.
- Has played a key role in designing and implementing technical projects with multiple members and teams.
- Strong communicator and looking to make an organizational level technical impact
- Who upholds Teachable values, including working as part of a diverse team.
- Team wide role model
What you will be doing
- Develop software design and architecture
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and QA engineers to build high-quality products
- Write clean, high quality and efficient code
- Participate in code and technical design reviews
- Establish, teach, and maintain development best practices
- Mentor software engineers and strive to level up the team
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
What you might work on
- Architecting services that power Teachable’s payment workflows and beyond.
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of services and applications across the organization
- Propose and develop features, tooling, and infrastructure to scale the application.
- Sharing complex technical architecture to other members of the technology organization.
- Partner with senior engineering leaders to improve technology, processes, and team culture.
- Promote technical design and coding standards that raise the technical bar of the team and product.
- Mentor other engineers, review code and tech designs
- Developing tools and infrastructure to support millions of daily requests.
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $850 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least January 2021
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.