Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We are looking for Staff Engineer to join an interdisciplinary team called Fulfillment Infrastructure supporting our Pharmacy Platform. Fulfillment Infrastructure will build a state-of-the-art fulfillment system that powers the architecture and underpinnings of Ro’s Pharmaceutical telehealth platform. This team is technically led and will have a unique and impactful opportunity to design a new services-based platform to allow for fast and easy feature development.
What You'll Do:
- Work on problems that affect the lives of real people - our users rely on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives
- Work with partners across teams to understand business goals, needs, and priorities of systems and applications
- Partner with other technical leaders in designing and implementing SOA (“Service-Orientated Architecture”)
- Design and implement applications that are distributed, highly available, well-tested, and easily managed
- Advocate for technical engineering excellence and mentor other engineers
- Participate in code reviews and technical design documents to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years software engineering experience and a deep knowledge of system design, data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership and ability to lead multiple end-to-end workflows and projects
- Experience and knowledge of best practices with modern technologies (e.g. Python, Go, Django, AWS)
- Experience in transitioning from a monolith to SOA (“Service-Oriented Architecture”)
- Bonus: Experience in scaling and working with a fulfillment platform
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.