Staff Software Engineer (Backend) at Namely
We are looking for talented Staff Software Engineers to join our growing NYC engineering team!
At Namely, our mission is to build better workplaces. We believe this starts with our own workplace where we are creating an open and inclusive space where everyone is recognized for being themselves. Our employees are at the center of everything we do. It’s who we are and it’s what makes us different.
Namely Engineers bring this mission to life one technological achievement at a time. We are scaling our architecture by migrating from a monolith to microservices. We are leveling up our platform by enhancing our test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance. We are moving towards an API driven architecture that is powered by gRPC-based services. We are language agnostic and aim to hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on challenges and make an impact.
What you’ll do
- Design, create and own high quality, scalable and heavily tested software across our stack
- Evolve our systems through solid architectural design and driving best practices through code review
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers across our organization
- Work on a cross-functional team(s), partnering across engineering, product, design, and business functions
Who you are
- You are an experienced technical leader with 8+ years of experience designing, building, shipping and maintaining distributed web applications and services
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- You are fluent in one or more server-side programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, Ruby)
- You are analytical and can identify and weigh architectural design tradeoffs
- You have working knowledge of relational databases and schema design principles
- You mastered SOLID Design Principles
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients’ employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.