We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Developer Experience team. Your team is responsible for designing the next generation continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) platforms at Peloton. We’re looking for experienced engineers with interest in developing, maintaining, and owning a reliable and extensible CI/CD platform that can handle thousands of daily builds and deployment. You will be the technical leader in influencing a rapidly-growing engineering community to adopt next generation CI/CD platforms
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining developer infrastructure and tooling that impacts every engineer to quickly and reliably deliver products. You will improve and automate our self-service infrastructure tools to enable engineers to rapidly build and ship code and infrastructure. You will engage with peers and internal customers to understand how to speed and optimize CI/CD across the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning. You will work with the latest open source technology, making contributions of your own to open source projects, and presenting at industry conferences.What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within Platform Engineering, influencing and driving technical investments across teams with a "Platform Thinking" mindset. Help others in design, sequencing, execution, and problem solving.
- Architect, develop, test, release, and support CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gradle, Gerrit, Artifactory, etc.
- Adhere to best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, and regression), and scrum methodology
- Evaluate developer platform designs, technical decisions, and code to ensure all are high quality, efficient, and well documented.
- Take responsibility for the planning, execution and updating of technical roadmaps.
- You love to solve challenging engineering problems
- You are knowledgeable and opinionated about the software development lifecycle.
- You have expert knowledge of CI/CD tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, CircleCI, Gerrit, Gradle, Artifactory
- You are proficient in Java, Python, or Golang
- You advocate for improving developer experiences and practices and lead engineering efforts in support
- You enjoy mentoring and helping others develop skills
- You are experienced with the software development life cycle and familiar with best practices in developing, reviewing and managing code
- You possess excellent project management skills and effectively collaborate with managers, senior leaders, and engineers
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.