In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail e-commerce customers!
- Design, architect, and develop performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains.
- Lead the creation, definition and delivery of inventive solutions and major projects owned by our Delivery Pipeline squad, such as making improvements to our pipeline throughput, as well as recommendation engine.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and designers, data scientists, and cross-functional engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Proactively identify technology opportunities for the company, and push technical ideas, proposals, and plans to the entire organization and beyond through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Advise and advocate for best tools, methods, and approaches for the entire engineering organization.
- Function as a sought-out mentor and leader for a technical domain or set of domains across the company. Increase the technical capabilities and upper limits of your own areas of responsibility and expertise, as well as those of your associated team members. Teach sessions, write documentation, and actively mentor to decrease the ramp-up time of new and existing team members.
- Strong experience in product development, including API and integrations engineering. Experience with data-driven SaaS platforms required, B2B or Ad Marketplace products desired.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, including recent experience in a similar industry or problem space with similar technical challenges. Experience building MarTech, AdTech, eCommerce, Email, or Big Data platforms and products highly desirable.
- B.S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company is preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design. Ability to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders on long-term technical roadmaps, as well as in articulating short-term issues and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering sizable projects that span multiple teams and multiple quarters--or even years!-- that produce significant results and impact overall business success.
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using AI/ML, activates welcomed personal experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.